The road work on Atlantic Ave at the intersections of Venetian and Gleason commenced on 8/19/2019.
The City of Delray Beach will be working in conjunction with R&D Paving, LLC on the Venetian Drive & Gleason Street Intersection Improvements project. This project, developed by the City of Delray Beach, was developed for the purpose of improving the paver brick intersections and pedestrian crosswalks at the intersections with Atlantic Avenue.
- Friday, 8/23/19 – The contractor will complete the two center lanes of the Atlantic/Venetian intersection today.
- Monday, 8/26/19 – The contractor will close the south half of the Atlantic/Venetian intersection to remove the brick pavers, excavate for the new base, and install new asphalt pavement. The intersection will be closed at Venetian to the south. Detour Signs will be in place to use Gleason Street and Miramar Drive to access businesses south of Atlantic Avenue.
- Tuesday 8/27/19 thru Thursday 8/29/19 – The Atlantic Avenue/A1A intersection work will begin. This work consists of removing the existing brick pavers and installing new asphalt pavement. This work will be completed in phases, working in one lane at a time. Expect traffic delays during construction.
- Tuesday, 8/27/19 – New curbs at the corners of Venetian and Atlantic Avenue will be installed. Expect periodic lane closure for the concrete pour. The intersection will remain open.
- Friday, 8/30/19 – No work will be scheduled on any roadway in observation of Labor Day Weekend.
For your safety please adhere to the posted maintenance of traffic signage. All disturbed areas of work will be restored prior to to the project's completion.
Visit http://beachmasterplanphase2.com/ for updated information regarding this project as well as the Beach Master Plan Phase II project.
If you have any questions or concern regarding the construction of this project, please feel free to call the City of Delray Beach's Program and Project Management Division at (561) 243-7341