We want you to know that we are thinking about you during this challenging time as you deal with the impact of COVID-19 in both your business and personal life. Florida's tourism industry is resilient, and VISIT FLORIDA is working every day to help keep our industry informed and travelers safe.
VISIT FLORIDA has taken the following steps to ensure the safety of potential visitors, businesses, Florida residents and our staff:
- Welcome Centers are closed until further notice
- VISIT FLORIDA co-ops and media have been paused
- VISIT FLORIDA press trips and events have been paused
- VISIT FLORIDA team members are being encouraged to telework
- The VISIT FLORIDA Marketing team is currently working on a responsible recovery plan to get back in market very soon to keep Florida top of mind. As this program is finalized, we will be in touch to share how you may participate.
- Florida NOW has been activated on VISITFLORIDA.com to provide the latest travel health and safety alerts
Resources for Businesses and Employers:
Business Damage Assessment Survey for COVID-19:
On March 12, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the activation of the Business Damage Assessment survey to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida’s local business operations. The survey, managed by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO), will evaluate businesses affected by COVID-19 and the impacts the virus has had on the local economy so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin.
Florida’s residents and visitors should continue to refer to the DOH and CDC for the most up-to-date information and guidance on COVID-19:
Florida Department of Health (DOH)
U.S. Centers for Disease and Control Prevention (CDC)
COVID Public Website and Call Center:
Visit the Florida Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 web page for information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.
For any other questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, please contact the Department’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center at (866) 779-6121. The Call Center is available 24 hours per day. Inquiries may also be emailed to COVIDemail@example.com.
Thank you. We will continue to keep you informed with any new developments from VISIT FLORIDA.
Industry Relations Team